I was sooo good with my 2014 Project Life Album, but so far my 2015 album is an epic fail! Actually, this is my 2015 album... these 2 pages I'm sharing today. My best advice on how to catch up when you are far, far behind is to just start! Just. Start. Now! Whenever I get behind I start with my most current photos and keep it moving forward. If I'm keeping up with real time then I start working backwards. I find that I'm most excited and inspired by my most recent photos, so this works for me. So, my advice would be to start with the photos that excite and inspire you most!
- I almost always work on 2 page spreads like the one above. I also almost always use Design A page protectors. It keeps it simple. I will mix up my design when my photos call for it or when I have more time to play around, but when it is catch-up time, I always reach for Design A.
- I start by choosing and printing my photos and then I lay them out on top of my page protectors.
- Next, I choose my cards and arrange them with my photos. The cards I'm using today are all from Studio Calico. They are actually all from the June 2015 project life kit except the "Here We Go" card which is from the July 2015 kit. I usually choose my cards from one kit or card collection. I love how everything coordinates effortlessly!
- My favorite part is the embellishing! If you are really trying to catch up on a lot of time quickly, I would skip this step and go back later to add embellishments if you want to. This step is where I spend the most time.
- I start by using the embellishments that I want to use from the kit. Then I pull stuff from all over my craft room and make a huge mess, laying them all out on my table around my layout.
- I place die cuts and arrange elements on each card, constantly moving stuff around until I'm happy with the arrangement.
- I save the tape and glue for last and then I work card by card adhering elements and adding journaling.
TIP: Use Packaging! This is actually the info card that came with my Project Life kit. The other side lists the June 2015 kit name and colors. If my photos here were from June I probably would have used it as is. I still wanted to use it because the color worked with my layout so I just put my photo over the text. The other green card was the info card from my Scrapbook kit that same month.
And done! I usually clean up after I finish each layout, but I'm leaving all my little bits out for now. I have more layouts to finish from this vacation so I'm going to leave all of my travel themed die cuts and little bits within reach. It will save time ;)
A closer look at the left side
And a closer look at the right side!
If you are interested in signing up for a Studio Calico Kit, use my referral link HERE and you will get 500 points when you sign up. That's $5 for you to spend on add on items to go with your kit :)
Thanks for stopping by today! If you have any tips for catching up when you are behind on Project Life, please leave a comment below! And, as always, if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Until next time!